Tuesday, June 12, 2012

my 6th half marathon

a few months ago the husband signed us up for the utah valley 1/2 marathon...then the next day he got into school...figures right....

so last saturday my mom and I ran the race together..and it started out real lame...the first 3 miles felt SO long. Then the 1:55 pacer ran past me and I lost all hope of doing well. So I decided I would just enjoy a leisurely run ..However when I got the to the end of the canyon something clicked and I had so much energy. I picked up the pace and kept increasing over the next 6 miles (this has NEVER happened)...with 3 miles left I caught up to the 1:55 pacer..and was so happy. 1:55 was my fastest time and I knew if I stayed ahead of him i would reach my PR...so needless to say even more energy came from that and I ended up finished at 1:53.
It was such a fun race and felt so good. It reminded me why I love running so incredibly much. The feeling of pushing your body past what it thinks it can do is amazing. i love the feeling of the spirit overpowering the body. i love when you just want to give up but you don't, the feeling of accomplishment after that is amazing. i love how you can lose yourself in running, everything goes away...it's just you and the road (or the trails)...and somehow 2 hours can seem like 10 minutes. it's the greatest.  

My goal is to someday run one in 1:45...I think if I actually did some hard core training for a race I might be able to do it..

Oh and my mom was like 45 seconds behind me....she is kind of amazing..

And my sister Lindsey ran her first (real) race ever...and it was a 1/2 marathon..with 4 miles of uphill and she killed it as well...she's pretty awesome too.





No comments: