Monday, September 1, 2008

rock concert, iron chef, fire..an end to summer

This is going to be a long post because my end to summer couldn't have been better! It started out with the most rockin concert I have ever been to! I started my weekend a day early and went down to Layton to see Max play his guitar in a concert. So I am thinkin he is just gonna do a little number with a guy on drums and another guy on bagpipes and it would just be more like a recital or something to that effect...but oh was I in for a surprise. I watch my cute fiance in his white shirt get up on stage waiting for nothing out of the ordinary..and then he began playing and I realized he has lied to me this whole time..not once during our elevens months of dating had I ever seen what a rockstar my future husband was...he was so amazing! He has an amazing talent for playing the guitar and it's kinda hot..I was proud to call him mine...I felt like I was in high school, watching that hot senior up on stage playing the guitar, wishing he would just notice me hoping that maybe someday I would live that dream..and here I was sitting, fulfilling a dream, to have a rockstar love me! Max did a most wonderful job and I am super amazed by him!
Well the weekend wasn't over with that..today (I think because the rain can make people a little crazy) me, Max and my family decided to have an Iron chef competition to see who could make the food! This is our T.V. promo picture for magazines and such. (and yes Max is holding a very large knife, we are working on it..don't worry)
Max and Jacob were on a team and they, without a recipe, made the most delicious crepes. Me and Lindsey were a team and we made the very yummy looking smore brownies..which were very rich in flavor...The boys won I believe, but only from default...I had a little bit of an incident involving 32 marshmallows, all on fire (imagine what one is like when you catch it on fire while camping, now times it by 32)....but we won't talk about it...It was a super fun competition, however and a good way to beat out the cold.. oh and about the bandannas..yea I don't know, Lindsey said that's what chefs wear..so we just decided to go for it! Summer of 2008 couldn't have been better! We did so many fun things and had so many exciting things happen! I loved every minute of it..but unfortunately summer has ended, I am in Logan for the last semester and Max is in Provo, so our three hour relationship has begun again...but this time (thankfully) it's not going to last to long....

2 comments:

Sara Bosler Castro said...

hahah yes I love it! iron chief all the way! the bandannas are super cool. A lot cooler than my goofy chief hat..I look like a mushroom.

Anonymous said...

stef i tagged you.. go to my blog... haha ps cute substitutes for hair nets!