Monday, February 22, 2010

the cookin and craftin

lately i have had a drive to learn how to cook better and to create little crafts...since my free time amounts to about 15 minutes a week, it's been a little tough..but Sundays have proven to be effective days for learning. i really enjoy the process of putting things together to make a masterpiece (yes even good tasting food is a masterpiece) here are some of the things i have learned how to make:




Pizza...max's favorite. he loves putting ham and cooked tomatoes on the pizza. i think after a year and a half we have finally mastered the crust

the second thing i have mastered (finally is banana bread) sorry no picture

a few sundays ago i mustered up the courage to try to cook a pot roast with potatoes and carrots. i was quite nervous about this attempt..max was too, he already had a quick back up dinner in mind...but lo and behold it turned out...and it was pretty awesome and pretty darn good



then this week i had the chance to go to a cooking lab for one of my classes. we learned how to make the most delicious meal, chicken cordon bleu, spinach salad with poppy seed dressing, rice pilaf, crepes and french bread. My job was to make the french bread something i have been wanting to attempt for a long time..and guess what it turned out too! it was so delicious and i can't wait to make it again.

as far as crafts go i made this lovely little notebook with my sister in law. totally had been dying to try this project and was super glad when it worked



then i saw this on a blog i follow and had to make it for our humble abode...i am quite pleased with its addition to our home

2 comments:

The Laloli's said...

Those are all so awesome!! I've been kind of going through the same thing! Its crazy after a year and half I am FINALLY trying to expand my cooking abilities. I previously would always want to make something good or new and would look in the cook book, find something then not have half the ingredients, so I would make a shopping list. And it never worked...haha. But I think I've finally built my food supply a bit so its a little easier. And just recently I've tried this mealtime makeover, that gives you 5-7dinners a week, and a shopping list for the whole weeks worth of dinners. THere is a little fee, but for me its worth it to just try it out. I might blog about it if it turns out to be something good. I've liked it so far, I'll let you know.
I've also itched to do crafts as well, and I have yet to accomplish an awesome craft haha.
Anywho, sorry for the long comment. I love you guys, you guys have some good humor, i love it! We need to double date sometime!!

Anonymous said...

what blog?! i'm a rabid sponge when it comes to new decorating ideas. yes, i said it, a rabid sponge.