Tuesday, April 6, 2010

our easter

loved easter weekend....husband and i had a blast

on saturday we had an easter egg hunt at the horsley's house. all of the cousins came over and we had a lot of fun...i even got to find my own eggs...but somehow i didn't get any of the candy inside....it was probably due to those cute little faces that were hovering over me :)

{adorable maya}

{darling katie}

{so hard to get husband to take this picture}

{ Ryan found the mother load egg}

then that night while the boys were at priesthood the girls stayed home and colored eggs...so much fun

{our finished work}

for easter husband and i just spent a nice quiet day at home. the easter bunny did visit our house and brought us some yummy treats (it was nice to have a break from our limited sugar deal). then we watched the testaments which was really good because it helped me to think about what easter is really about....

conference was so good...i am always amazed at how all of the talks are directed towards me. it is such a great blessing to have living prophets speak to us...i love the strength i feel after watching conference.....

we ended our easter with a lovely easter feast.apparently ham and potatoes and eggs are traditional easter food however we had a pot roast with potatoes and carrots and jello! max doesn't like eggs so i don't get to make any of the yummy egg dishes...

oh and we also decorated eggs together...however husband spilled the red coloring everywhere...so needless to say he didn't last very long

2 comments:

Miriam said...

I loved seeing all the family pictures. Boy, do I miss everybody!!! My boys think that Colette's boys are our cousins & that's OK.
I agree, I loved conference, and I thought all the talks were directed to me. Isn't that wonderful how that works!?!

Heidi said...

Easter was a lot of fun! I'm so glad you remembered to take some pictures. :) I also really enjoyed conference. I feel so motivated by so many of the talks this year. It was great.