Wednesday, March 21, 2012

go get it

Yesterday was a rough day. We had a few disappointments and it was one of those days when everything finally gets to you.

This morning I woke up and prayed for strength, peace and guidance. Well I was guided to a blog, that had the exact words I needed. They came from the blog kellehampton.com. They were "You cannot wait for Life to come to you. You have to go get it--pursue it in a wild, passionate chase that includes the foreboding depths of challenge and heartache just as much as the ecstacy of triumph and success. You have to want it bad enough to seek it not only when things are rough and the pursuit of it brings the hope of change, but when things are comfortable and easy, and the quest for more living--more purposeful awareness--might even make you scared. It is in that fear--that breathtaking exhileration of "What If?"--that you rise to the occassion.

You step out of your comfort zone and experience the thrill of taking risks and the possibility of believing that, sure, things might be good, but if you stretched a little further, they might be great. I want to know great. And I will work hard to find it. We are simply finding our life..which means we are going to have heartache and disappointment but the outcome is that we will live a great life……"


We have to chase life. We need to make the best of it. We have to go after those hard things. Max reminded me of Alma, when he talks about how his joy was as great as the misery in his lowest point. Without the misery we wouldn't be able to feel how great the joy is.


We have to go after life. Each day is a gift, a chance to find greatness. So to find greatness I took Max on our first hike of the year.





We took advantage of our day. We took advantage of the beautiful mountains in our backyard. We lived our life. We didn't get caught up in the easy routine of coming home, checking facebook (me), turning on the t.v., getting sucked in to things that feel like life....but really aren't. We enjoyed each other.

Not saying we are perfect (we are actually watching Lost right now) but we are taking time to go after life. Doing the hard things so we can live a great life.

A life I can dedicate to my family and to the Lord.


No comments: