back to the catching up on our journey to philadelphia…
the long awaited road trip was not as bad as we thought it would be
we had 3 full days of driving, with a day break in st. louis
we drove about 2,213 miles
we drove through 9 states
spent a LOT of money in gas
only had one horrible hotel experience: we got into the parking lot and found out they had no place to turn around a u-haul towing a trailer so at midnight after finally taking the car off the trailer and turning it around we got into our very motel like room…only to find the walls were paper thin and we had some very loud Hispanics next door….luckily we were so exhausted we fell asleep soon after
{starting the drive}
{last look at ben lomond}
{just a little bored driving across nebraska}
{I think the only attraction from wyoming to missouri}
my uncle and aunt live in st. louis so we were very excited to spend a day with them. they made us the best dinner, I wish we could eat at their house everyday.
then the next day they took us to this crazy awesome museum called city museum. it was a workout! I was literally sore after.
{I’m pretty sure the picture of just evan is when he annouced dad I’m freakin scared}
{love this girls}
{so proud of my uncle and him having his name on the door and a business card!!}
{ohio wins for best “welcome" sign"}
then after a short drive saturday we made it to philadelphia
moving in was interesting…
when we met with the leasing agent she asked us if our movers had arrived yet…we just looked at each other and said yup…you are looking at them..
so we proceeded to move in to our 4th floor apartment by loading the elevator as much as we could, riding to the 4th floor, unloading, then doing it all over again
we got a lot done…but ran out of time before max had to get to school (yes school started on a saturday)
so I drove him to school and then ended up doing the final load
this is what our house looked like for about a week
but its now put together and a philadelphia house tour will be coming soon…so stay tuned
No comments:
Post a Comment