read this post or this for the story of our first date
I still remember on that first date him telling me that he wanted to go to a school called Wharton in Philadelphia. I had never even heard of the place....but 5 years later here we are. it still feels surreal.
for our 2 year, as you could read in the post, we were in beligum and we planned a fun date exploring the city. for our 5 year I am probably going to be watching the voice tonight while max attends a fancy dinner with his professor but that's okay. I am happy where we are. 5 years is comfortable. We are still madly in love but it's different. it's deeper.
at work today because i was so not busy so i have been reading through my old blog posts. max and i have done so many things together. we gone to amazing places, we've been blessed with amazing opportunities we've had things happened we never thought would, we've lived apart for 3 months, and we've gone through a few incredibly hard trials.and i am grateful for all of it. especially the trials.our trials have been ones that can tear a marriage apart...and we've felt that...but we've been so blessed to rely on the Lord and draw closer to one another.
thinking back 5 years ago seems like a dream...i try to remember what it was like to not love max, to not have him a part of my life. i try remember what i felt on that first date...i know i felt like i was hanging out with a friend that i had known for a long time. i remember having a brief thought of i could marry this boy. i remember talking about our favorite season. but i can't remember the newness. i can't remember the feeling that he was still a stranger. because now he is my everything. he is my other half.
taken just a few days after our first date
us at 5 years of being together (the only time we had together was walking home in the rain..hence we don't look our best...especially my funky eyelashes)

.jpg)
2 comments:
I've always been amazed at how it's impossible for me to remember Joel as a stranger. I can remember how it felt to hold his hand for the first time, but I cannot remember what it felt like getting to know him. Funny how spouses become our closest friends and it somehow back-tracks in time!
I love that picture of you and Max on your birthday. I still remember that night! It's funny because this is the first time I've seen that picture and thought "wow, stefanie looks so young!" When did our freshman year start seeming so far away??
So cute! :)
Post a Comment