Monday, July 8, 2013

My Great Grandma Mitton

While we were in Vienna I received an email from my mom saying my sweet Great-Grandma Mitton had peacefully passed away. Maybe 2 months earlier the Dr.'s had given her 4 to 6 weeks to live, but of course being the person she was she surpassed their time frame and stayed around for a little longer. So we knew it was coming but I was sad that it happened while we were away. 

She was the sweetest grandma you could ever have. I have so many fun memories with her. I remember so many sleepovers at her house, making candies, learning about her childhood in mink creek idaho, going for drives, and her love for root beer. She also taught me so much about being Christlike. She was the ultimate example of charity. Plus she had such a fun personality! 

She was without her sweetheart for a long time. So it has been happy to think of that wonderful reunion occurring in Heaven. 

I will miss my sweet grandma so very much but I am so glad I was able to have her in my life for so long. 


No comments: