Tuesday, December 31, 2013

fall semester 2013

So I'm writing this post and it's Spring 2015. I am going to do my best to catch up for journaling purposes. The past year and a half of our lives have been the greatest years and I want them to be recorded. So here goes Fall semester 2013:

So we came back from Seattle and jumped right into things. I came back before Max and started working immediately. I also came back and had a different position. I was promoted to be event specialist for the Wharton Leadership Program. I started working on the ECFP and LF program really heavily...lots of long days but I really enjoyed who I was working with.

September in pictures:

Our boxes after moving back from Seattle 


Max got to see an original Book of Mormon

Rodin Museum

Our favorite Indian restaurant - Laximi's 

Came back and we stumbled upon the Philly Naked bike ride. It was quite shocking! 


We tried to get out and enjoy our weekends so we drove up north and went fishing! 


So just a few blocks from our house Jay-Z holds a Made in America concert over Labor day weekend. We decided to walk around and then we watched Beyonce from our computer! 


Ward Labor Day breakfast

Laurel got her Mission call to Columbus Ohio

Boathouse Row

Love our Primary

Fairmount Row homes 

Skyping with my friends in SF and Dallas

First sign of fall at Whole Foods

Our Favorite bookstore

The cat at our favorite bookstore! 

More awesome Row houses

Our favorite Sushi restuarant, Doma

With Miao Tian after her baptism

Just chilling on the parkway





One of my favorite things to do is hang out on the porch and drink hot chocolate, snuggled under a blanket 

Max set up a string treasure hunt for me! 



Dinner with my friends in the city





October (my fave month) in pictures: 







Visited Linvilla Orchards to pick out our pumpkins with the Gandaras

A work event

The start to my birthday! Pizza at Cosi

My friend Adrianna put this on my door

25th birthday picture! 

My card from Max 

My mom always sends me cupcakes and candles for my birthday! 

For my birthday we went to NYC for the weekend! 




We stayed at a fun hotel in Times Square! For dinner we went to a yummy French Restaurant. 









A bike ride through Central Park was the best idea we've ever had. I've decided that bike riding in different cities is the best way to see a city! 



The best eggs benedict I've ever had!! 




And Max took me to the Lion King! 




I went to Alma de Cuba with my girlfriends for my birthday




Max signing his job offer. When Max got back to Philly he immediately jumped into finding a job. He decided that Finance at Amazon was not for him (he got an offer). So he decided he would try for Consulting, which is one of the hardest areas to get into. The interview process was incredibly difficult and of course Max only wanted to interview with top companies so he was SO SO busy in September. Most people spend the first year preparing to do consulting interviews. Max had one month to prepare and he ROCKED it. He got second round interviews with BCG, McKinsey and Deloitte. Then on my birthday Max got a call from BCG giving him the job offer!! BCG is ranked #3 best company to work for in America. It's the top consulting firm. And it is so rare for someone who didn't already do consulting or didn't intern as a consultant to get an offer! His hardwork paid off and it was such a relief for him to get an incredible offer. 


We saw Once on Philadelphia broadway and it was INCREDIBLE!!! 

Love that husband of mine! 

November in pictures:

At the start of November I got to go visit Utah because ELDER HOWELL was coming home. It was so much fun to be there when he got home. He was so weird :) But it was just so much fun being surrounded by family and friends!  We also got to be there for Eliza Jane's second birthday! 
BFFs since Elementary




Eliza took awhile to warm up to Jacob. When we were driving in the car they were sitting by him each other and he was talking to her and she just had this scared look on her face and said "Iza go home please" 



George the worlds cutest dog















Dad's birthday run









Frankie Valli concert...seriously one of the funnest concerts! 


Date night at the art museum 


And lastly December: 
It was a very busy December with so many parties and activities! Philadelphia is so much fun in December! 

Christmas Dinner with the Wharton Crew


My friends from work went downtown during our lunch break to see the Comcast light show and eat lunch in the lunch place at the bottom of the Comcast center


Liege Waffles at Love park! 




The Kimballs and Alas hosted a Holiday party between there two apartments and then we sang Christmas Carols together


Max and I took a little getaway to the Poconos! We got snowed in! It was so much fun watching movies and the snow fall...except all we ate for dinner was Oatmeal because we couldn't drive anywhere for dinner!





 We had to go visit Bethlehem, PA on our weekend getaway. It was so quite and Christmasy! I loved it and loved the Christmas spirit there.

The first bookstore in America






After being snowed in we found this cute little diner for Breakfast! 


  View from the 8th floor in the Huntsman building 
My co-workers decorated my desk for Christmas


Our friend Stephanie Frazier on the first snowfall of the year 




My awesome co-workers! 
Max left for Utah on 12/17 so we had our own Christmas on 12/16. He obviously was thrilled about his new shoes. 

On 12/17 I found out I was pregnant! (separate post for all of this) 
On our 5th Anniversary I told Max he was finally going to be a Daddy! 

When I was leaving for Utah I got a call that Bryson was in the hospital because he was having some bleeding after a nose surgery he just had. So on 12/20 we went up and visited them. It was very hard keeping the pregnancy a secret! Every time Max and I were alone we would just talk and talk and talk about the baby. 
Lindsey graduated from BYU-I and I was able to attend her graduation! We went to AppleBees after for dinner and then drove home that night in a snow storm! 

Sean and Lindsey's new dog
Temple Square

Telling the Horsley's about the pregnancy! 

Santa made a surprise visit! 

The stuffed animals we used to tell them! 


Telling the Howell's

Christmas with my Sweetheart 
How we told the Howell's
She loves Uncle Max


We found out that Caprice and Jason are having another girl! 


Went to see Frozen with Eliza

New Year's Eve
The 3 pregnant sisters! 

This December was so far the greatest December I've ever had! 

No comments: