Saturday, May 17, 2008

13.1!

I did it!! I ran 13.1 miles on Saturday!! So here is the short story behind it all! In February me and Max decided we wanted to train for some sort of race, well for some reason we decided upon the Ogden Half Marathon....I was thinking more like some 5k or something....but we signed up in February so that we would be forced to train cause we already paid the 40 bucks and we wouldn't want that money to go down the drain...so I started training (we went to different schools so we couldn't train together)but somehow I just never could make it to the gym...I am blaming in on the ICE cold weather that never leaves Logan...Well I moved home and tried to start training ( dont worry it was only like 2 weeks before)...luckily I was closer to Max so we could run the long ones together...On Thursday we ran almost eight miles..we were doing so awesome..we had a ten mile run planned for Saturday...but that Thursday things went bad...Max hurt his knee and sprained something in his foot..so yes my driving force, my inspiration, the one who kept me going was now gone...Running injuries are the worst...he was so excited and so much more prepared than me...I wished it would've happened to me...but he still continued to motivate me and inspire me...then the week before the half I started a new job (at the Pizza Factory in Ogden in case anyone was wondering) and was just busy with that, and I ended up only running on one day that whole week! So Friday rolls around and I am starting to realize how I really am so far from being prepare for this....I had been joking about it all month....but reality hit...I think I have heard of people dying because they ran more than they could handle...the night before I literally couldn't sleep because visions of me passed out on the side of the road were circling through my thoughts...however 5:30 a.m. rolled around, we drove to the valley and started the race!I love the atmosphere at the beginning of a race, it's one of my most favorite feelings and it was fun to be there with my mom and best friend Sara and her mom. The race was beautiful, the canyon and the weather was perfect. ..if only my legs didn't feel like they weighed 500 pounds each I could've enjoyed it so much more! When mile 11 hit I wanted to die, my body had had it...but I think that's where my spirit came in...somehow I made it those last two miles, and I made it under 2 hours ( I had been planning on at least 2 hours and 15 minutes). Crossing that finish line was the greatest feeling ever and looking up at that clock felt even better!! I knew that I had control over my body and that I could do anything I wanted if I put my mind to it! I also don't think my body has ever been so grateful to finally be able to rest! My mom totally did so awesome ( she trashed me) and Sara and her mom did way good also (they trained less than me! I was very proud of them all for stickin to it!! But I did it, I can't move my legs, but I finished!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SUPER proud of you! Way to go! I hearteth you! And misseth you, and want to come eat pizza in Ogden just so I can see you! :)
♥Nikki
P.S. I have Fridays off...so if you ever wanna do something on a thursday night, I'm game! :)
PPS. What happened to Max?

MaxHorsley said...

It's a good thing I didn't run. Cuz if I did, I probably would have gotten under an hour. And I wouldn't have stopped for water or food. And I would have broken the timing chip if I flexed my calves. Man, if only I didn't hurt my leg...

AMY MICHELLE said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so proud. I keep telling myself I want to sign-up for a run to motivate me, but I'm thinking more like a 5k. What a great accomplishment to run 13.1! I have never done over 6. What a amazing gale you are!

Sara Bosler Castro said...

Wow Max. YAY Stefy!!! I love you!! Go us!

Sara Bosler Castro said...

By the way, I changed my address to sarabosler.blogspot.com