Saturday, May 3, 2008

WOW

That was the fastest year of my life...and yet it seems like I graduated from high school forever ago! My first year of college is done! I feel like I just started it! The last two weeks I was so excited to be done because the dread of finals had overcome me! ( I went and got my nails done, that's how stressed I was). I studied for almost ten hours ( not straight but over three days) for my statistics final! Yea, you can imagine why I was so excited to be done! My final was on Thursday, so I had all week to be sick about it, but when I was done, WOW! I felt so good and so so relieved and guess what....I think studying pays off because I felt really good about it...anyways I felt so so relieved for about thirty minutes, until I got home and realized that it was my last night at Old Farm (my apartment) and sadness overcame me, I don't know why but all of the sudden I'm pretty sure every memory I had made during this past year came rushing back to me! I remember my first day there feeling so alone and so scared. I moved in on Saturday morning and didn't come out of my room until I had to go to school on Monday. I remembered my AWESOME birthday party! It was the best birthday ever thanks to Sara!!! I remembered all my nights there with Max watchin the Office or playing Settlers. I remembered all the late night talks with my roommates and staying up late to watch the CMT music videos at midnight or singing at the top of our lungs or stealing peoples cars to get food or my all-time favorite Dr. Pepper runs to the gas station across the street..I remembered the many late late nights spent at the kitchen table studying..or the mornings where we would wake up and have freezing cold showers. I remembered coming home from thanksgiving break to find my whole ( not kidding when I say whole) bedroom in the living room, but most importantly I remembered the many so very important life lessons I learned! These remembrances carried over until Friday and I kept remembering more and more things. It was very sad to slowly see everything start disappearing from my first home away from home. My mom came up and helped me move and then later Max came up to take me home (yes I am car-less) anyways he did the cutest thing ever, he had gave me a mini rose plant for completing my first year, it's something very simple but wow it meant a lot. Just like when he decorated my room last semester for my completing of my first semester. Yea, I am pretty darn lucky!!!! I am so very grateful for this past year! WOW is pretty much all I can say to describe how I feel. There are so so many emotions. I am excited for summer and looking forward to creating many more awesome memories!

2 comments:

AMY MICHELLE said...

Hi Stefanie. This is your wise old uncle. It's nice to get that first year under your belt. The next years will fly, by so enjoy them. It seems like yesterday I finished my first year at WSU, little did I know I had 7 more to go. Hope all is well. See you soon.

Spencer

Anonymous said...

Yay! You are done with ONE WHOLE YEAR! I love you and miss you! When are we going to play?