Friday, August 15, 2008
a miracle in august
I dread the end of August for two reasons: 1. The end of freedom is coming near and 2. (the biggest reason of them all) School clothes shopping. Yes I am a college student and maybe should not be "school clothes shopping" or at least still calling it that, but I do because its the only time I will buy new clothes...why? because I hate shopping. Until this August I have hated every shopping moment I have had...why? because I never find anything I like. We all have our own styles that make us unique, and most people find clothes to match these styles very easily...I however have yet to have found anything that truly fits my "style". I would consider myself the most picky shopper for that reason. Everything I try on doesn't fit exactly the way I want it or is just to weird or has sleeves that poof out way to much..etc...I find something wrong with everything I try on(ask my sisters), I have considered making my own clothes. Nothing matches the vision I have of myself in my head....and well since I can't really go clothesless I have resorted to buying simple, plain, boring, usually a solid color, no design t-shirts for the past few years of my life....because they were the most un-weird and normal fitting and affordable apparel I could find...however...this August something amazing happened..as the second dreaded shopping trip of the month started my attitude was very negative, I had only one hour to shop and there was no way I could find something that soon so I mostly went to make my mom happy! I usually buy a shirt for every three hours I shop ( that's really close to the truth) so I begin glancing through the racks at this store and a shirt caught my eye so I grabbed it (nothing new, I usually hate it once I try it on)...I kept looking and within a matter of seconds had a second one...by the time 15 minutes were up I had in my arm 10 shirts, a jacket and a pair of jeans...I was beginning to be hopeful, but I still had to conquer the dressing room! I entered with my load of clothes preparing to be let down but then the magic began...each shirt was perfect, it fit perfect, the sleeves were perfect and the price couldn't have been better! I couldn't believe it, I had finally found the clothes that could match my vision, not one of them was a plain, boring, usual color t-shirt! So thank you my special store for providing me a chance to finally love shopping again, and for giving me a wardrobe that I now can't wait to show to the world!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow, Stef! It sounds like you found your true love there.
YAY STEF! That is amazing, more than one piece of clothing in a single shopping trip..I am impressed! Seriously. Now hopefully no one else bought the same clothes as you. Heaven forbid. hahahah :)
That's true Sara... but either way, I'm excited to see them! Guess what? In a week, we will be officially living across the street from each other instead of hours away! I can't wait to see you! ♥ Nikki
HEY!!! I've GOT to talk to you!!! ;) what's your email??? :)
kara
So did I miss what great store blessed you with all these perfect clothes, or is it a secret? Always nice to find stuff you love & for a great price.
Yeah, it's the D.I. Amy, in case you were wondering.
Post a Comment