Wednesday, March 4, 2009

happenings...

-there was sunshine in my apartment today. living in a basement its rare to get a beam of light flowing in from the window but today around 9 a.m. it happened. it was just the thing i needed.
-I scored a 90 on my histroy test...it was quite a feat for how much material there was...and it helped me have a great appreciation for people who actually like Philosophy, i however would never like to even think about Plato or Aristotle again. i also got a 92 on my book of mormon test, looks like my gpa will be good enough for heaven (i'm still getting used to it being a graded class)
-i shook sister dalton's (yw general president) hand on Friday night and decided she is the prettiest lady in the world. we attended an event with my parents and grandparents and we were able to sit on the front row in the old tabernacle, it was such a neat experience, i was about 10 feet away from Pres. Samuelson (BYU pres.) and Elder Cook (he spoke at the event). Then me and Max spent the rest of the evening watching my parents dinner as they kept running into friends and co-workers, i always forget that my parents too can have friends
-my amazing husband cooked me dinner last night so that i would be able to get some food in me before I ran to a meeting
-that meeting i ran was for the American Cancer Societies Relay-for-Life. it has become my new passion/obession. I am the food committee chair for the Provo/Orem relay. i didn't really know what i was getting myself into but i was so inspired to be a part of this. relay for life is an amazing event that honors those who have died and survived from cancer. the American Cancer Society has a goal of curing cancer by 2015, so things like relay are making it possible. last year the Provo/Orem relay make 42,000 dollars and this year we hope to rasie 45,000 so that they can cure cancer by 2015. wouldn't that be such a great blessing to have that horrible disease gone from our lives. i'll probably write about it again, but i am just so excited to be able to help out
-i am beginning a research project for my program and am hoping it goes well. If anyone wants to participate let me know! I am desperate for help, it's kind of a pain, its a four week thing, where exercising for two of the weeks will be required. i am studying the effects exercising has on moods and am excited about it because i believe that exercising and eating right can cause better moods and even elimate minor clinical depression, i've probably read about 20 articles supporting this, so I am excited to see what i can find
-i really like Lost, the tv show. Max claims me to be obessed, i simple think i am passionate. we have made it to the fourth season and it's about to kill me. for anyone who has watched it knows that they do a really good job of not explaining things immediately (we are just barely getting answers to our questions from the first season). another thing lost is good for is healthy fighting, we tend to get pretty stuck on what we think is going to happen...like juliet...i thought she was good max thought she was bad...i won!
-well i think thats about all thats going on right now...besides the massive amounts of homework and such (midterms are next week, yahoo!)

3 comments:

Sara Bosler Castro said...

AH I LOVE IT! AN UPDATE!
Stefanie that Relay For Life thing is SO cool! That's really awesome you're doing so much for such a great cause. You inspire me! How can I donate??
I have yet to get sucked into Lost...oh but once I do I know Im done for.
P.S. And I always thought I'd be sent to hell for something cool like robbing a bank...not my grade in Sharing the Gospel.

Lora said...

It's about time! Glad to finally hear that you are alive and well and actually up to something! Katherine and I were going to send a fighting mad hole-puncher to you in the mail if you didn't post soon. Glad we didn't have to take such drastic measures. And last but not least, I would be a willing participate in your research, provided it takes place after next week as I will be in Mexico enjoying the beach.

Anonymous said...

YOU'RE HERE! i love your posts and your new blog decor. also, danny and i watched 7 episodes of lost last night. SEVEN! we are SO hooked! but we're also terribly behind, so we're just finishing up the 3rd season. in other news, we watched a birthing video tonight at our baby class... that was pretty horrific. i'd rather just do it and not watch, thank you very much!