Monday, April 2, 2012

I need to learn how to spell Philadelphia

remember this post?????? scroll down almost to the end....find the randomly inserted line ....yea that line about max having some exciting things happening...yea that part....well this post is a follow up to that post....so what exciting things are happening to max?? I know you all have just been dying with curiosity since November so I won't drag it on to long....but let me take you back to November...no September

September 2011-We head to the east coast to check out Grad Schools! We visit 5 schools and Max interviews at Duke.
October 2011-We (well Max) decided to apply for only two school Wharton at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia (ranked #1 in the nation and the world) and Fuqua at Duke in Durham, North Carolina (in the top 10). He works his little butt off to perfect his applications
November 2011- Max is called to interview at Wharton. We are shocked and so thrilled!!!! It's an honor to just be asked to interview there. So Max heads out to Philadelphia for two days. Has 2 interviews because not only has he applied for the MBA program there, he has also applied for the Lauder program, which is incredibly competitive. It's sort of like a second master's in International Studies, so his emphasis would be the Russian track. Anyways he interviews.
December 20, 2011-Round 1 decision for Wharton.....we wait so ANXIOUSLY all day....and he is Waitlisted....which was awesome and cool that he wasn't automatically dinged.
February 1, 2012-Round 1 decision for Duke...again some Anxious waiting...and again waitlisted...good but a little frustrating because we just want to know if we should prep for moving or what....
March 20,2012-Round 2 decision for Duke....really hoping he gets in since time is getting short....but waitlisted....URGH!!! Try to move on, everything happens for a reason..yada yada

March 30, 2012-Round 2 decision for Wharton....we have to get either a yes or no because of the programs start day...prepping for a no because it's Wharton and so incredibly competitive....at 9:43 a.m. I get a simple text from Max saying "In!".....He got in...after months of waiting....the wait is finally over....He has succeeded...he made it as the underdog into a top program. I can't even express how proud of him I am..He has worked so very hard to do this and we've put so much trust and faith in the Lord..and it has all worked out. I am so proud of Maxwell for chasing his dreams and not quitting when it got hard.

Max reminded me of the scripture in Malachi 3:10 that says "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it." That is exactly how we feel...it's been a long year of having our patience tried for several things. It's amazing how the Lord blesses us and we are so humbled by it. We think we want something but the Lord truly knows what will bring us the most happiness. 

We are super excited to be moving to PHILADELPHIA. U Penn is such a beautiful school. It will be such a fun adventure to move and go back to school!! 





Oh and don't worry...Max leaves May 7th...of this year to spend one month in Philly then 2 months in Russia. Yea it's going to be a crazy few weeks (I am staying in North Ogden until he gets back from Russia). Then we will make the awesome trek across the country in August...If you need any household items just ask if we have it...We are going to have to do some MAJOR de-junking. Going from a 3-bedroom house to a 2-bedroom apartment is going to be tricky.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stef I am SOO excited for you guys! Congrats to Max!! You guys have so many fun adventures and I love reading about them!